Hi Andrew,

On 08/12/15 04:23, Andrew Cagney wrote:
The libgmp bundled with uClinux, by default, doesn't build for the
M5208 - the m68k assembler uses instructions dropped from early
Coldfires.
The hack I'm using locally is to configure with --host=none (I got
this trick second hand from somewhere).

Anyway I noticed that libgmp is, er, a little out-of-date.  The latest
version has --disable-assembly which looks to be a cleaner way to
handle the assembler problem.
(How to decide when to configure with that option is an open question,
a Kconfig option).

As anyone looked at updating this; or to turn the question round, is
there anything needed in the existing version that would prevent this?

Nothing stopping updating as far as I know.

Can I suggest that if you do decide to update it that you convert
it to automake building. The trend over the last couple of years
is that if we are updating a package then convert it. There
are quite a few examples to follow in the lib directory. Just
look for directories that contain a "makefile" and optionally a
patches directory and not much else.

Regards
Greg