On 13 December 2015 at 19:43, Greg Ungerer <g...@uclinux.org> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> On 12/12/15 03:03, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>> I came up with the attached.  The existing libgmp configuration in
>> lib/Kconfig would need removing.
>
> I would suggest not bothering to make it a menu on its own.
> And the config entry for LIB_LIBGMP_DISABLE_ASSEMBLY should
> have a "depends on LIB_LIBGMP".

I tried that.  Consider:

- target board is M5208EVB which isn't supported by libgmp's assembly files

- libreswan requires libgmp so it's Kconfig includes a line to enable
building libgmp

So the developer uses menuconfig, selects "libreswan", and builds.

Unfortunately it fails because the disable-assembly option needs to be
set manually.

Having it as a separate flag and not requiring LIB_LIBGMP made it
possible to save it in the vendor config file regardless of LIB_LIBGMP
status.

idea's welcome.

-
LIB_LIBGMP is some