Mwaami Ssenyonjo

Yes I have read your posting and you have covered allot of ground that I can
not cover into this one response, so I will try what I can and if there is
any where you need my clarification then I will expand it.
Let us not twist the facts. NRM never proposed to have Uganda turned into a
federal state, NRM came with a very open agenda of dictatorial terms. NRM
shut down political parties and even threatened a former President with
death as soon as he touches the soil of  Uganda. And as we speak today Obote
is still in exile due to that official threat on the NRM books. But NRM was
as well smart, so it looked into Uganda and saw that Buganda and Baganda as
a people are gullible, so it threw a borne with out meat to Buganda. The
return of the Kingdom. If it was in the interest of NRM to return Kingdoms
into Uganda, Yoweri Museveni should have started with his own Kingdom. But
Ankole Kingdom to today is an illegal institution in Uganda. Again the
ignorance of Buganda that I mentioned before, did not help Buganda to wonder
why? Buganda thought that the Kingdom of Buganda is out of good love from
NRM, so the Kibuuka's and company started to resign from their day jobs for
NRM was now going to give them Federalism in Uganda.
Many Ugandans went out of their way to explain to the federalists that No
single person has ever done a deal with Museveni and he respected it, from
the peace jokes to Andrew kayiira to Tito Okelo to Muzeyi Kabila to Paul
Kagame, on and on. We stated that what we need in Uganda is the immediate
removal of Museveni and we clean up our nation. Federalists responded by
throwing all of us out of their discussion group, which has by the way
collapsed as we speak. Kwashiorkor can be a very fatal disease.

With that back ground, the federalists and Mengo prepared and sent a
document to a government of killers to make our nation a Federal state.
Uganda government is today responding and stating that it will accept their
request but it will not allow them to tax. And this is a decision in NRM's
rights as a supreme leader in a nation.

Now let me apply my Federal knowledge to Uganda situation since you have
challenged me to.

Taxation is not and will never be a basic fundamental, taxation is a right
and you work for it. Mwaami Ssenyange yes you have given your examples of
Canadian provinces, but you have some how failed to tell us when the
province of Ontario for example started to tax its citizens. When did
Alberta start to refuse to tax its citizens? You see the danger we have here
is Ugandans like our selves who have lived in these countries for years,
when we see how systems run here and we run into Uganda and we try to
implement them, we fail to remember that there was a ground work of very
many years that was invested into these countries before they became able to
implement those systems. I was shocked when Mengo requested for a right to
tax in Buganda, and I wonder who are they going to tax in Buganda, my
mother? Do they know her name, do they know her income, do they know her
address, have they or are they creating jobs for her, in Buganda's mind what
is the main employer that creates jobs in Buganda that they want to base
their taxation from? For all these are very fundamental questions that
Buganda must ask her self before she opens up her mouth, and I am not even
attacking today Buganda's corruptness, I am just on the tax base.
Mwaami Ssenyange, the mayor of  Toronto and the provincial government are
today asking the federal Government for a right to put a tax on gas so that
they can use that money to build roads and the transit system. They are
asking today in 2003. And you are stating that taxation is a fundamental
right?

Federalists and Mengo have been agitating for federalism, and God I hope NRM
comes through and gives it, then many of you will understand that Uganda is
of more value than Buganda, for Uganda can be with out Buganda. And lastly
this is what I am seeing a head, through ignorance, Mengo will refuse the
NRM's federalism, personally I think that will be the right time for the
rest of Uganda to go to Yoweri Museveni and they ask for federalism minus
Buganda. Just watch as this silliness gets better by the day.

Ffe katugira twebaka as we wait for the fundamental right to taxation.

Em
Toronto