Emmanuel,thanks for your response on this issue of Federalism.
In deed Obote and Amin were once presidents and I think no one
really need to belabour that.
The present stalemate or whatever one may prefer to call it has got
nothing to do with those two former Ugandan presidents.It has got
all to do with the way a segment of the Ugandan society wants to
handle such matters that impact on every Ugandan.
We on other fora discussed exhaustively on Federalism and there
was a consensus within the fora that Ugandans would be better served
if Federalism was to augment our governance.
Mu7 and his cabal were very aware of this and what some of us suggested that time was that since we were all in consonance with
the idea of federalism,we had better promote democracy and democratic
principles first because as it has turned out to be true,Mu7 will use
the per chant desire of some of us for Federalism and grant it on paper
as a claptrap to perpetuate himself in power.
What is being purported to be cabinet decisions is no surprise at all to me and those of us who have known Mu7 and his modus operandi.That is  why I am personally wondering why some of us in Buganda never really want to learn from all the vast personal experiences that we have
had with Mu7.Is it because we hate Obote more and therefore our hatred
for and of Obote clouds the way we analyse Ugandan issues?.
Mu7 has now exposed the few Baganda who may have been surreptitiously meeting him to offer Federo to Buganda by saying Buganda will get Federo and that is where the truth will emanate from not the multitudes of denials that is being put up as a face saving facade.
This we had ably pointed out and I am sure , unless Mu7 is talking out of sync,it will come to pass.
This is where our problem lies in having unity with people who are united for cross purposes.
Ugandans need to unite to get their rights and without actually knowing what is happening in Northern Uganda ,I will reluctantly say Kony is the terrorist because there are many activities there that just do not add up.
The best way to get to the truth is to make Mu7 accountable to the people of Uganda for what has been taking place there since 1986.
Sometimes I am left wondering whether that was his plan to wipe out the
people from the North that he and his ardent supporters from Central Uganda have often referred to as biological substances.Some of us would like emphatic opposition to Mu7's ways in these areas and not
using Mu7's dupe to think the rebels are terrorists when it may be the state itself terrorising the people,since they have the monopoly of both the means of violence and spewing deceptive information.
That my brother is the biggest problem.
Thank you.
Kipenji.

emmanuel musaazi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Let's not trivialise such an issue by resorting to tribalism.....remember
that Obote and Amin were once presidents of Uganda and they never gave
federalism a thought, and gauging from their policies, i think they were
against federalism. Buganda and for that matter any region in Uganda has a
right to make demands for federalism. The constitution of Uganda is not
suspended, irrespective of the unfortunate situation in the North of the
country, being caused by the LRA terrorists.

>From: "Mulindwa Edward" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: ugnet_: NRM's Federo has been rejected by Baganda.
>Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:02:27 -0400
>
>Mwaami Musaazi
>
>So you want them to take the time while in IDP Camps and write what they
>want from federalism. Do you really think that getting federalism is any
>where on the list of all most three quarters of Ugandans who have never got
>peace since you guys started to sleep?
>
>Em
>
> The Mulindwas Communication Group
>"With Yoweri Museveni, Uganda is in anarchy"
> Groupe de communication Mulindwas
>"avec Yoweri Museveni, l'Ouganda est dans l'anarchie"

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger