Thank you Brother Ochan Otim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for bringing to us this voice of our people. It is incredible that inspite of the grinding pain and misery they are under they can still mantain their dignity and dismiss Salim Saleh's nonsense.

But why post this on [EMAIL PROTECTED] I thought the policy on that forum is to talk only about how to implement federo, and nothing else. People have been delisted for violating that policy. Otherwise some of us would, maybe, also belong there.

Mitayo Potosi

From: Ochan Otim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: ugnet_: Acoli Rejects Salim Saleh's SSP
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:23:11 -0800

The population rejects farming in the Internally Displaced Peoples (IDPs) camp

David Joel Obita

(Literal Translation from Rupiny)

Acoli community in their gathering in Kitgum district has unequivocally rejected Maj. Gen. Salim Saleh's plan of opening farms in their camps - the Security and Production Programme (SPP). This voice of the people was heard last week when thousands and thousands were attending a meeting for peace in Acoliland that took place in Kitgum. When Pader MP, Hon. Santa Okot was explaining Saleh's plan, the crowd busted spontaneously into a "government want to grab our land, the government want to grab our land" chorus.

Wednesday, 29th October, 2003
Lwak okwero pur ikema

David Joel Obita

LWAK me Acholi ma gibedo i Kitgum distrik gutyeko kwero woko lajwac tam pa Maj. Gen. Salim Saleh me yabo fam ikema gi.

Dwon lwak man owinye icabit ma okati ikare ma dul dano maromo alip ki alip gubedo ikacoke me kelo kuc ilobo Acholi ma obedo i Kitgum.

I kare ma MP me Pader Hon. Santa Okot tye ka lok pi lok me yub meno, dano ducu gutuku wor lawang acel ni, "gamente mito mayo ngom wa, gamente mito mayo ngom wa."

Published on: Wednesday, 29th October, 2003