Ssenyange:

I guess if I contribute a million shillings to the Kabaka or give in 5 cows, then I'll termed as "buying" or "bribing" the Kabaka.  This is how Yaobang can not be a critical thinker!
Obote tried that shit once, it did not work and it will never work on any King of Buganda.

You see, this thug-Mu7 understands what's going on than Obote did.  Mu7 knows that he can not "buy" nor "bribe" the Kabaka, so he keeps his gifts flowing for as long as he can afford them.  We who know what's going on, will not be surprised when the next president gives gifts to the Kabaka.  Giving the Kabaka gifts is part of our culture, and since he is our cultural leader, he will get lots of them.

I hope that all these Ugandans on ugandanet and ugandacom will get the rythm of the game!  If they don't, we have alot to sort out in the future.

Zakoomu R.

ssenya nyange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Yaobang,

How does Kabaka come into your equation? Kabaka does not beg
or request for your information.
Who ever wants to donate will donate freely. Who ever does not want to
donate is not requested by Kabaka to donate. However, his subjects and
officials can request for donations to help Kabaka's projects. His assets
alone generate more revenue than the president's "official" income. The
difference is that Kabaka wants to share it with his subjects unlike Mu7 who
wants to "milk" his subjects without "feeding" them. Mu7 gave those cows to
Kabaka as gifts just like any other Ugandan. Even non Ugandans ( e.g
Bazungu) have been pictured in newspapers kneeling while donating to Kabaka
( after marrying Baganda women) as a sign of respect to the Institution of
Kabakaship. All this is done to show respect to the Instituion of Kabak aship
which is represented by Mutebi 11, ( not to Mutebi as a person). GET THE
DIFFERENCE.

Ssenyange

>From: "Y Yaobang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: RE: ugnet_: Museveni Gives 25 Cows To Obote Kin
>Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 02:17:10 +0000
>
><< message3.txt >>

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium

J Ssemakula,

Unlike your Kabaka, Obote cannot be bought with 25 cows, or any other bribe!