Ugandans

should I respond to this??

Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 3:41 AM
Subject: [Ugandacom] Re: ON WHOSE ORDER WERE THE MASSACRE CARRIED OUT/mulindwa

Mulindwa:

Obote/UPC gave ground to this whole situation in Uganda today.  Let's be sensible enough to acknowledge that. Okay?  If Obote had not abolished Federalism and exiled the Kabakaship, Buganda would be a peaceful federal region, today.  If Obote had not abolished political parties, today Uganda would have a taste of mature multiparty democracy.

But let facts be told.  Obote/UPC killed multiparty democracy in its infancy.  He did the same to federalism in its infancy.

The reason why the Kabaka is advising Baganda to join UPDF in great numbers is to acquire military training necessary for protection in case an enemy invades.   Especially since mchaka mchaka is not adequate enough.  Mchaka mchaka gives folks a false sense of "adequate skills/protection" somehow like the Arrow/Amuuka Boys, yet infact the skills are limited.  We all know what is happening to the Arrow/Amuuka Boys.  So, let's not even go there.  Okay?

However, the Kabaka will not advise any Muganda to go to the bush especially if the "bush" is to be located in Buganda.  Luweero taught us a lesson.  That's common sense.  The "bush" military training/warfare could be very disasterous to Buganda.  In the same way it has proved disasterous in Acholi.  We all know what Kaguta can do to the Baganda, the same he is doing to the Acholi.  Kaguta will set up false rebels to kill civilians, exactly as he is doing to the Acholi pretending to be killing the real rebels.

Let me help you out with your questioning.  Make your question look more like this: Does the Kabaka want Baganda to be sent up north to fight and engage in operations?? = My answer is NO!  The Kabaka has over and over again called for peaceful resolution to the war, and an end to these wars in the great lakes region, that are slaughtering with them, his subjects.

Is the Kabaka silly in his observations and strategy?? = My answer is NO!  It is best to have low casualities than an open massacre carried out in Buganda, in the name of fighting rebels.  And if you took time to notice, you would find out that Baganda are decreasing in the army.  Is that a good or bad thing?? = My answer is that it's GOOD on one hand and BAD on another!

But hey, what better strategy can you offer??  Don't even think of advising all Baganda to quit the army.  Some of them are just as blind and ignorant and they will not leave the army.  Maybe advise them to refuse going to operation areas.  But I'm also sure the Kabaka advises them on that one.  Either way, Buganda can not have it its way.  Something has got to give!  The goal is to have as few casualities as possible.

Zakoomu M.

Edward Mulindwa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Zakoomu

But the same Kabaka has advised Baganda to join UPDF in great numbers, what explanation do you have on that?

Or sorry I forgot it is that Obote who makes him encourage them. Consider my question with drawn now that we have the answer.

Em

Winnipeg- Canada