On Aug 19, 2014, at 1:13 PM, Bridget McInnes btmcin...@gmail.com
[umls-similarity] <umls-similarity@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
> #  returns version information
> v\015\012\015\012
>
> #  returns the preferred term for <CUI>
> t|<CUI>|\015\012
>
> #  return the similarity information
> r|<word1>|<word2>|<Compute Similarity|Compute
>
> #  returns the path information
> p|<word1>|<word2>|\015\012
>
> #  returns the definition or extended definition
> g|<Compute Similarity|Compute Relatedness>|<word>|\015\012
>
> I am using <word> here to refer to either a CUI (e.g. C0026769) or a term
> (e.g. university hospital).

Perfect. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

> I hope above makes sense and is helpful.. Please let me know if something is
> not clear. I will go through and modify the documentation. I am very sorry
> for the confusion with it. Thank you for looking at this and letting us know.
> I do not think we have had anyone look so closely at the documentation for
> the web server before -- this has been very helpful for us although
> frustrating for you!

Well, fortunately, there was no urgency on my end. We’re not yet using
UMLS::Similarity for anything - we just expect we’ll want to in the coming
months.

Steve

  • [umls-similarity] ru... Steven Bethard beth...@cis.uab.edu [umls-similarity]
    • Re: [umls-simil... Bridget McInnes btmcin...@gmail.com [umls-similarity]