I have seen this problem many times and there is a simple solution. Unplug
the keyboard and mouse turn the machine on and  wait for it to get to the
login screen. Now you can plug them back in. After you do you have to wait a
minute or two but the system will install them and you will be good to go
On Mar 21, 2011 9:57 AM, <matt_fr...@cbca.com> wrote:
> [...]

> <unattended-info@lists.sourceforge.net>
> cc
> matt_fr...@cbca.com
> Subject
> Re: [Unattended] HID mouse drivers
>

> El 18/03/11 23:30, matt_fr...@cbca.com escribió:
>>
>> Most of the PCs that I have been using Unattended with are several
>> years old, and all of them have PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports. I have
>> received a shipment of newer PCs that don't have the legacy ports, and
>> are USB only. When I install Windows XP SP3 on these new machines, the
>> keyboard and mouse work fine because they were detected during the
>> setup. However, when I deploy the machine, here is where I run into
>> the problem...
>>
>> The keyboard and mouse that get connected to the PC are different
>> brands than what I used during installation. To make things more fun,
>> there are now 6 to 8 USB ports on these PCs and the devices may not
>> have been plugged into the same port as was used during install. The
>> result: No mouse or keyboard is detected, and the user cannot login.
>>
>> I can fix this only if I perform the following:
>>
>> connect the exact same keyboard that I used during setup to the exact
>> same port that I used during setup.
>> login as admin.
>> go into Device Manager.
>> Expand Human Interface Devices.
>> Right-click on "HID-compliant device" and choose to update the driver.
>> Install drivers from a list, and don't search.
>>
>> At this point, I get 2 drivers to choose from:
>>
>> HID-compliant device (which is signed by Microsoft)
>> HID-compliant mouse (which is unsigned)
>>
>> I select the HID-compliant MOUSE, it updates the drivers, and now the
>> mouse works. Perform the same procedure for the keyboard, but choose
>> HID-compliant keyboard.
>>
>> This seems way too complicated for what should really be
>> "plug-and-play". Why is windows not seeing a USB mouse as a MOUSE? I
>> thought that maybe the HID-compliant device driver that was signed was
>> overriding the mouse driver because it wasn't signed, but I have
>> DriverSigningPolicy = Ignore in the unattended.txt file.
>>
>> Is there a driver that I should add or a change that I can make to get
>> Windows to properly recognize the most important devices connected to
>> the machine?
>>
>> This is really a bummer if I have to ship the machine to a remote
>> user, and they can't even use it! ARGH! There was nothing wrong with
>> the PS/2 spec....
>>

> Did you try to put those drivers under the i386/$oem$ directory?
>
> --
> Quien no tiene confianza en el hombre, no tiene ninguna en Dios.
> -- Chapman.

> Get the latest in industry updates, Health Care reform news, and other
information. Follow us on:
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/CBCANews
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=cbca&o=65&s=10
>
> NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic message, and any
attachments accompanying this transmission, may be legally privileged and/or
confidential and protected health information. This information is intended
only for the use of the individual(s) and/or entity identified above. The
authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this
information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation
and is required to protect the information after its stated need has been
fulfilled.
> If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible
to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, printing, copying, forwarding, or distributing of this
information is strictly prohibited.
immediately, by telephone or return fax/email, to advise of wrongful receipt
and confirm your understanding of this Notice. Thank You.