                                         Monday, March 18, 2002
I know very little about the scripts involved.  It seems to me if the
scripts are defined at the same time as the language this might help
in defining the scripts.  Something along the lines of: "Any writing
system defined by one or a few individuals concurrent witht  their
definition of the language intended to use it."  I think it shouldn't
matter if later it were used to write other langauges--unless it became
the main means of writing some long spoken language.
Math is field about which I'm very ignorant.  Did Leibniz define calculus
and the means of expressing it at the same time?  Is it a langauge?
Esperanto doesn't have its own script does it?  Cherokee and English
existed long before Sequoia's script and Deseret so this definition would
exclude them.

     Regards,
          Jim Agenbroad ( [EMAIL PROTECTED] )
     "It is not true that people stop pursuing their dreams because they
grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing their dreams." Adapted
from a letter by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
     The above are purely personal opinions, not necessarily the official
views of any government or any agency of any.
     Addresses: Office: Phone: 202 707-9612; Fax: 202 707-0955; US
mail: I.T.S. Sys.Dev.Gp.4, Library of Congress, 101 Independence Ave. SE,
Washington, D.C. 20540-9334 U.S.A.
Home: Phone: 301 946-7326; US mail: Box 291, Garrett Park, MD 20896.