At 19:46 +0000 2004-03-19, Marion Gunn wrote:
Ar 15:41 +0000 2004/03/18, scríobh [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
Anyone who feels that past monetary contributions towards encoding
efforts were made based on false pretenses may be able to seek legal
redress...
James Kass

An admission of having made a seemingly foolhardy investment hardly amounts to making such a claim as you say, James.: -)

How very cute.

What money was spent by that company between 1993 and 2001 on standardization was chiefly for JTC1/SC2/WG2 and CEN/TC304 activities, and it was spent with the agreement of the two co-owners co-directors who both signed the cheques. For my part, I regret not one penny of the money we chose to spend on standardization travel, nor one minute of the time I invested in drawing up script and character proposals. If I may be so bold to say so, the Unicode Standard and ISO/IEC 10646 -- and computer users worldwide -- are better off for the "investment" made between 1994 and 2001 than they would have been otherwise.
--
Michael Everson * * Everson Typography * * http://www.evertype.com