Quote/Cytat - Christoph Päper <christoph.pae...@crissov.de> (pią, 16 wrz 2016, 23:51:38):

Janusz S. Bień <jsb...@mimuw.edu.pl>:

1. Graphemes, if I understand correctly, are language dependent, …

That’s true in linguistic terminology – well, at least within the more popular schools of thought –, but not in technical (i.e. Unicode) jargon.

From the Unicode glossary:

Grapheme. (1) A minimally distinctive unit of writing in the context of a particular writing system.[...] (2) What a user thinks of as a character.

As for (2), cf.

User-Perceived Character. What everyone thinks of as a character in their script.

So we have "a user" versus "everyone...in their script" - is the difference intentional? Probably not. Anyway the definitions are language/locale dependent.

Regards

Janusz

--
Prof. dr hab. Janusz S. Bień - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra Lingwistyki Formalnej)
Prof. Janusz S. Bień - University of Warsaw (Formal Linguistics Department)