I have the rare good fortune to see John Cowan on a near-daily basis (except this month, with all the Jewish Holidays); I'll forward your message on.

~mark

On 10/16/2016 01:08 PM, Marcel Schneider wrote:
On 11 Oct 2016 09:48:00 -0700, Doug Ewell wrote:
[…]
You mentioned mobile devices, but also mentioned ISO/IEC 9995 and 14755,
which seem to deal primarily with computer keyboards.

On Windows, John Cowan's Moby Latin keyboard [1] allows the input of
more than 800 non-ASCII characters, including the two mentioned in your
post (ɛ and ɔ):

AltGr+p, o 0254 LATIN SMALL LETTER OPEN O
AltGr+p, e 025B LATIN SMALL LETTER OPEN E

Moby Latin is a strict superset of the standard U.S. English keyboard;
that is, none of the standard keystrokes were redefined, unlike
keyboards such as United States-International which tend to redefine
keys for ASCII characters that look like diacritical marks, making
adoption difficult. There are also versions of Moby based on the
standard U.K. keyboard.

[1]
http://recycledknowledge.blogspot.com/2013/09/us-moby-latin-keyboard-for-windows.html

U.S. Moby Latin and Whacking Latin keyboard driver packages
are not available any more. What happened?
Neither can John Cowanʼs home pae be accessed:
http://home.ccil.org/%7Ecowan/XML/
Though the Chester County Interlink host is not down.
Still the ReadMe can be accessed, from another domain:
http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/gaidhlig/sracan/Whacking/MobyLatinKeyboard.html