On 26/08/2016 16:53, Jafar Al-Gharaibeh wrote:

> You still have to install Bash on windows though, but that is just a
> matter of turning the feature on via Windows settings.

Hi,

"just" - you need to have the right updates, and  some other criteria;
it was  "insider track" in March

Today I thought I'd try Bash on Win.  I turned developer mode up a
notch, then I tried the GUI method. Under settings ; windows features
it  did not  show the linux subsystem as an option to click.

There's a commandline method. I used powershell (run as administrator)
to run the  enable incantation.  It  did not recognise the feature to be
enabled. Error messages in red.

These failures were on  Windows 10 home version  Specifically 10.0.10586
Build 10586, so new enough.

I guess Bash on Win is still in Beta, so not for home users yet. I'll
try it on Win 10 Pro if I can find time to.

I don't need help with this, I just thought you might like to know that
not all Windows 10 versions are equal.

Jay