Hi Steve,

It sounds like you've got your path problem sorted out for an existing session
by manually setting it, but you still want a path solution that will work
automatically for each shell session in future.  You know, UNIX is a wonderful
thing, and one of the

wonderful parts is that it has so many shells with different initialization
files.  For example, you set your path in .profile, but

you don't mention what your shell is.  Maybe you needed to set it in .bashrc
instead of .profile.  Or maybe you needed to set

it in .cshrc, with different syntax.  And you probably already know that after
adding Unicon to your path in one of these files,

you have to either reboot, or re-login, or at least run the "source" command,
in order for your change to take effect.

If I am walking into a generic UNIX and don't know what shell I am running, I
run "ps" and it typically lists what shell process is executing. That tells me
then, which initialization file and which syntax I have to use to modify my
path.  For example, on my current Linux, I am running bash.  ~/.profile did
work to add unicon to its PATH, but I did have to "source ~/.profile" or else
re-login in order for the change to take effect.

Cheers,

Clint