erland wrote:

> I know it's frustrating but we need to remember that all these people
> have spent a significant part of their time and knowledge to make it
> possible for us to enjoy the music on our DIY hardware. From personal
> experience I know that it feels a lot better to do something on my spare
> time because I like to do it than just because someone else wants me to
> do it.
>
> The best we can do at the moment IMHO is to encourage JackOfAll to
> continue participating in the Community Squeeze related discussions in
> the forum, he is probably one of the most experienced people in the
> area.
I can only speak for myself of course, but I think most of us are quite
willing to donate some money, hardware, whatever to enable the people
behind this whole project to at least continue without too much, or just
maybe even no financial loss. Having been an independent entrepreneur
myself I'm quite aware that whatever donations we make will never
completely cover al hours spent on this. Let's just hope that the
pricing they'll eventually set for the hardware is sufficiently
attractive to be affordable to us out here, but at the same time
lucrative enough to continue making it worth their while. Maybe some
kind of Kickstarter thing would be helpful?
I know I'm still quite eagerly awaiting John's hardware.

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901;
BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Wandboard Duallite + CSOS, integrated LMS activated