Hi,

I use fing to see whats going on in my network. After connecting LAN and
go to Web config I setup wifi. At console I make an iwconfig and
ifconfig. I see that wifi is established and wifi gets an IP address.

I make a cat to /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf and see here my wifi
configuration.

After reboot without lan the /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf is empty* and wifi
doesn't work. Than I connect LAN again and wait until eth0 gets an IP.
Than I start the web config page, go to wifi, wait until available wifi
networks are shown, configure my wifi again and press safe. After a few
seconds wlan is online and gets an IP. I see that with ifconfig an
iwconfig.

>From that point I can start a ssh and web config session over wlan IP.
Now /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf contains again my configuration. But this
is only working if I have also a LAN connection. Without LAN nothing is
working.

This is the empty /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

  tc@piCorePlayer:/etc$ cat wpa_supplicant.conf
  # reading passphrase from stdin
  Passphrase must be 8..63 characters
  tc@piCorePlayer:/etc$

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1406814226 on a Core2 Duo with
SSD
Synology 1512+ (15 TB)
1x Touch - 1x Receiver - 2x Boom - 1x Radio + Wandboard
Denon x4000 + 2x ANAVIEW ALC0300-1300 + B&W 803 Diamond + Elac FS247