ralphy wrote:
> If you login to pcp and run the dmesg command to do see this message?
>
> rpi-backlight rpi_backlight: Backlight change failed
>
> There was a change to the rpi backlight driver after pcp 2.06 was
> released that now only allows you to toggle the display every half
> second.
>
> I've updated the DisplayOff applet to deal with the firmware change and
> uploaded a new jivelite.tcz to the beta files area.  (md5sum
> c7e65b38286fbaf942dec660625d3abd).  See one of my earlier posts for
> update details.
>
> You also need to have the Enable Power On Button when Powered Off
> checked.
> If you need to enable it be sure to backup your settings and reboot.
>
> 22293
>
> I've only tested the change on the original 1.0 revision pcb rpi 7"
> screen.

Thanks for the fast reaction!!!

I've seen many of this "Backlight change failed"-error in the dmesg-log.
So i've updated the way you have shown in your post #434. The errors
disappeared but the problem is the same: the backlight switches on when
the music stops and the DisplayOff-screensaver changes from "When
playing" to "When stopped".

Have i done something wrong, because paul- sees a positive result?
Perhaps it's the revision of my pcb rpi 7" screen? (i don't know the
revision-no.)

Should i start with a fresh installation and then do the beta-update?