Stoker wrote:
> Thanks for the replies to my PiCoreServer questions. Seems like it
> should be fairly straight forward.
>
> I've got a 250G SSD which should be OK for the music storage, it's SATA
> but With an adapter it can be turned int a USB disk. Yesterday I managed
> to reformat this SSD to Ext4 and copied my library onto it.
>
> So just need to get a new Pi3, SDcard and powersupply and I should be
> good to go.
>
> A couple of questions come to mind:
> 1) I don't use many LMS plug-ins but I'd be lost without BBC iPlayer and
> Spotify. Anyone know if these work with LMS on PiCorePlayer?
> 2) Paul suggested using a separate power supply for the USB disk would
> this still apply with an SSD?
>

> Not sure what you mean! Built several servers on regular computer
> hardware but never on a Pi using PiCorePlayer :)
>
> Cheers

I'm using a Pi3 as an LMS server, with files on a NAS (both NAS and Pi
wired to router). I use both Spotify (needs premium account) and BBC
iPlayer work well. In fact the whole setup is superior to when I ran it
on the NAS itself.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9  with files on QNAP TS-239
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
*Office:* LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive >
piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob