paul- wrote:
> The version of iproute2 is the same.  It fails from the piCore repo,
> because the kernel modules needed are not on that repo.  Put your
> bonding commands after the pCp startup
>
> In /opt/bootlocal.sh
>
> Make sure you put it after the marker tags in the file.  Then do a "pcp
> bu"  to backup your settings

Thank you.
This is what I have now in bootlocal.sh:
    tc@berlin-boombox:~$ cat /opt/bootlocal.sh
  #!/bin/sh
  # put other system startup commands here

  GREEN="$(echo -e '\033[1;32m')"

  echo
  echo "${GREEN}Running bootlocal.sh..."
  #pCPstart------
  /home/tc/www/cgi-bin/do_rebootstuff.sh 2>&1 | tee -a /var/log/pcp_boot.log
  #pCPstop------
  echo
  echo "Setup eth0+wlan0 link aggregate, eth0 primary..."
  modprobe bonding mode=1 primary=eth0 fail_over_mac=1 max_bonds=1 miimon=250
  ifconfig bond0 up
  ifconfig eth0 down
  ifconfig wlan0 down
  echo +eth0 > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves
  echo +wlan0 > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/slaves
  echo "Get lease for interface bond0"
  for PID in $(pidof udhcpc);do kill -USR2 $PID; done
  for PID in $(pidof udhcpc);do kill $PID; done
  sleep 5
  udhcpc -b -i bond0 -x hostname berlin-boombox -p /var/run/udhcpc.bond0.pid
--------------------

I came to the realisation I wasn't using the "ip" command so extension
iproute2.tcz is not needed.
I'm not sure the sleep 5 (or 2 kill loops instead of one) are needed but
I have had some temporary loss of contact after reboot without them. I
supposed the lease for bond0 was asked a bit too early for any slave to
have become active (I tested with wifi, secondary + needs to
authenticate). Sleep 5 seems to fix that anyway.
The web interface about wifi says reboot is recommended because the wifi
interface has no address, which is true...

Of course with fail_over_mac=active the MAC of the bond changes
according to the active slave, so my dnsmasq entry for this host reads
like this:

dhcp-host=b8:27:eb:01:20:33,74:da:38:10:11:01,berlin-boombox,172.17.200.10,2h
--------------------

This format serves the same hostname and IP address to 2 different MACs,
so bond0 will keep the same address when it renews its lease whichever
slave is active at the time.

3 SB 3 • Libratone Loop, Zipp Mini • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • LMS 7.9
(linux) with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput, Triode's BBC iPlayer by bpa
• IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon
Harris • Smart Mix, Music Walk With Me, What Was That Tune? by Michael
Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song Lyrics by
Erland Isaksson • AirPlay Bridge by philippe_44 • WeatherTime by Martin
Rehfeld • Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.