I have a two Raspberry PI's one which has a Kali Reclocker + Piano 2.1
DAC and at the other with the JustBoom DAC. The first one has an SSD
with my music library and is running the 7.9.1 LMS and the Squeezelite
player, the second just has the player.

I'm just getting started with LMS and have been using the  Max2Play
server and player image on the RPI's. I have one RPI as both a server
and a player and this one works fine, but the other RPI that is
accessing the remote LMS only plays a few seconds of a track before it
goes silent . However SqueezePad on my iPad works fine accessing the
server as does  Squeezeplay on my Mac... both playing tracks with no
problems.

I have tried everything I can think of but I'm now stumped and it seems
my only solution will be to use a local server on both RPI's but that
can't be right....

...any help would be much appreciated :-)