anotbot wrote:
> I have a two Raspberry PI's one which has a Kali Reclocker + Piano 2.1
> DAC and at the other with the JustBoom DAC. The first one has an SSD
> with my music library and is running the 7.9.1 LMS and the Squeezelite
> player, the second just has the player.
>
> I'm just getting started with LMS and have been using the  Max2Play
> server and player image on the RPI's. I have one RPI as both a server
> and a player and this one works fine, but the other RPI that is
> accessing the remote LMS only plays a few seconds of a track before it
> goes silent . However SqueezePad on my iPad works fine accessing the
> server as does  Squeezeplay on my Mac... both playing tracks with no
> problems.
>
> It was suggested that I add -s nameofmyserver.local to the squeezelite
> command line, so I did :
>
> -o hw:CARD=sndrpijustboomd -V Digital -Q -s myserver.local
>
> But this made no difference.
>
> I have tried everything else I can think of but I'm now stumped and it
> seems my only solution will be to use a local server on both RPI's but
> that can't be right....
>
> ...any help would be much appreciated :-)
I guess it can't be a firewall issue, nor the server address, since it
does play, albeit only for seconds. Have you any debug logs from the
remote one?  I don't know what -Q does, it's not in my version's
(Ralphy) help.  Have you tried the JustBoom DAC  on the Pi with LMS to
see if it is a DAC/squeezelite issue?

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.