tkr001 wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions. The AP is 2.4ghz only and is not restricted
> from allowing devices to connect i.e. All macs are ok. It is at my
> daughter's house but my android phone, iPad and surface pro all connect
> fine. I built the pcp at my home on Ethernet but she does not have her
> lounge cabled and I really don't want to run cable but it looks like I
> will have to if I can't get the pcp to connect via wifi.

Pi3's WiFi is not very good at the best of times, I never use it.
An alternative to running Cat5 cable is powerline networking I have
found that it is usually reliable (far better than pi3 Wifi)

*Players:* SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer
x3,Wandboard
*Server:* LMS Version:  7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on
Dell T320
*Plugins:* AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
*Remotes:* iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
*Music:* 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

*Want a webapp ?* See
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104305-Webapp-for-LMS