--------------------

> You can make the WEP key anything you want (as above its
> 1234567ABC).......   there is no DNS server so once the adhoc is up
> and your device connects to it.......the address of the pCP device
> will be 10.10.10.1.  My iphone takes along time to accept its dhcp
> lease, perhaps setting that connection as a static would work faster.
> Again, this setup is just for configuration.  Once you click on
> Save/Connect on the wifi page, wait for the backup to get done....you
> will see it try to connect, this obviously kills the ad-hoc network.
> Your device should come online just fine.   If you are running LMS,
> then you probably need to power cycle your box.  If you want to force
> a reboot after connecting, then put a line   pcp rb    after the echo
> "Exiting" statement.

Great - thank you!
I will try that asap.
2 questions:
1) Where do I specify, if I use open or WEP? (I don't see that in the
above script.)
2) The limitation "only open or WEP" applies only while in adhoc,
correct? Once I am connected via adhoc, I can update the 'real' network
credentials on the WiFi page w/o this limitation just as before, right?

This would be a great solution for my situation - thanks so much!