Picore 3.22 + LMS

I built my parents the above setup, put the music on a usb HD and all
was working fine for months.

I took the HD home to rip their new cd's on to the the HD but since
putting the HD back in and rescanning the media lms will only find the
original music and not anything in the new directory's although from
Squeezer, lms, etc can see the directory's but they just say empty.

I built a new sd card bringing picore up to 3.22 from pre v3 as a test
and the problem remains. Three new cd's and some flac, some mp3 none can
be seen. I took a mp3 from a working directory and pasted it in and all
players could see that song but still not the new music. and I have
retested the music on the HD on three pc's and they can all play the
music.

All I can think is some sort of file permission issue that is stopping
picore/lms accessing.....any thoughts?

Thanks a lot!!!