aphonia wrote:
> Thanks for checking, it's a pitty. I went through the related
> discussions at the element14 Community (e.g. here: 'Pi Desktop - control
> power by button'
> (https://www.element14.com/community/thread/62468/l/pi-desktop-control-power-by-button))
> and found out that there are no schematics for the Pi Desktop
> unfortunately. In 'this comment'
> (https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-83477#comment-108461),
> GPIO pins 31 & 33 are mentioned to be used to implement the smart power
> function.
> Anyway, the usage of pins on the Raspberry Pi board for power control
> and RTC function is described in the 'User manual'
> (https://www.element14.com/community/docs/DOC-87690/l/pi-desktop-user-manualenrev40pdf)
> on p. 14 to 16, see also 'here'
> (https://github.com/pi-desktop/pi-desktop/blob/master/Pins-used-by-pi-desktop/Pins-used-by-pi-desktop.md)
> on github.
> Some users (on 'github'
> (https://github.com/pi-desktop/deb-make/issues/2)) agree that the
> firmware should have been open sourced...

So GPIO 13/ pin 33 is used to toggle the power.   We could use the
python scripts to do this, but then we need to install python.......

I'm thinking that SqueezeButtonPi Daemon would be perfectly suited for
this.  It already is setup for monitoring GPIO and could be easily
modified to launch a shutdown command.   I'll have to look into this.