I'll need to look at this in more detail when I have time.  However,
remember TCP level communication is at the OS level.  LMS does not send
RST - just open and close.  RST are as a result of timeouts at TCP level
and implemented at driver level. Since your test system is WIndows based
and mine is Ubuntu and there are many TCP implementation differences
between OSs - some behaviour difference may be due to OS.

LMS will do partial sending of a file when using byte offset position to
start at a specific point but all remaining file must be in same single
HTTP GET   - it does not implement partial content (i.e. multiple HTTP
GETs ) after TCP connection is broken doing a HTTP GET as that is a HTTP
1.1 implementation.