Jens Erik Jensen wrote:
> I already tested the 3.5.0 image for the last few months, and it worked
> perfectly. It was only after trying to upgrade to 4.0.0 that my wifi
> connection failed. It has also worked for all the previous versions for
> a few years now. I bought the RPi in December 2014, and I think the 1.18
> version was current at that time. It has worked with piCorePlayer ever
> since, the 4.0.0 is the first release that breaks the wifi.

hi Jens Erik Jensen,

I am pretty sure putting wpa_supplicant.conf in the boot partition or
using [ Wifi settings ] web page works, as I have done it hundreds of
times during testing.

We know that an insitu upgrade may have issues, we are working on that
now.

Here is an old list of wifi issue that might prompt an solution:

https://www.picoreplayer.org/faq_wifi_does_not_work.shtml

#3 and #4 should no longer be a problem.

BTW: My favourite wifi USB adaptor that always worked for years,
suddenly stopped working for a couple of kernels. Works perfect now!

regards
Greg