ralphy wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot about the dependency on readline.
>
> You need to install the libreadline5-dev package to build lua, but it's
> only needed for the lua and perhaps luac binaries which are NOT needed
> to run jiveilte on the final image only the liblua.so will be a runtime
> dependency.

Thanks Ralphy.  apt-get couldn't find libreadline5-dev, but it suggested
libreadline-gplv2-dev as a replacement.

The next error message suggested I needed to get libncurses5-dev, and
that allowed the make to complete.

Now I'm on the patching, but that's failing early on because it can't
find the first file to patch.  I'll check the paths and file locations -
I may just manually make the changes that are in the patch file.