Thanks Paul

You are right in that I probably shouldn't be fiddling with things I
clearly don't understand but I enjoy the challenge and it helps me to
learn.

I have successfully updated the bootloader using your method and the new
version of PCP. All seems to be working very well and I have also
managed to transfer my prefs folder from the previous installation.

One last question (I promise not to bother you again (in the near future
at least))....I beleive that I've setup up the 64 bit version following
the changes to the config file. Is there anyway, by looking at logs
perhaps, to confirm that I'm actually running in 64 bit?

Thanks again for all your help.
Ashley