paul- wrote:
> Ian,
>
> I'm a bit confused as to the sequence of your email....when you posted
> the diagnostic output, the output device was clearly there.
>
> hw:CARD=IQaudIOCODEC,DEV=0
>
> You should be able to use that in the squeezelite output setting, and it
> should be fine.    If you expand the more by the output setting, you can
> just select the one you want.   (Same thing with streamer, just expand
> the more tag and pick the device.
>
> Paul

That output device is there before I press save and there's nothing in
the box above except "Analog Input". As soon as I press save they
disappear.

The dtoverlay command doesn't do anything that I can see as the devices
are there before that is executed.

I haven't seen anything at all in streamer "Input Device" box before or
after saving the squeezelite setting, so I can't actually use it.

I'm thinking of abandoning trying to get this going and buying one of
the Hifiberry DAC/ADC boards that are already in PCP.

I'm very concerned about the amount of time  you are spending on this.

*Music Store & VPN Server: *Synology DS215J NAS*
Home Server/Study Player:* LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4 pCp 6.0 (beta) Server/IQ
Audio DAC+
*Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Server/Player *LMS 8.0.0 on Pi 4B
pCp 6.0 (beta) Server/IQ Audio DAC+
*RF Headphone Playe*r Squeezelite/Jivelite on Pi 3B on pCp 6.0 (beta) IQ
Audio DAC+
*Homeplug/LAN Players: *Squeezelite on 2x  Windows 10 PC's,
*VPN Mobile & Car Player:* Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone