paul- wrote:
> I did a quick test with fstrim, and didn't see a change.  But perhaps
> that was my use case.
>
> Has anyone done an image burn operation to a new SD card, and then
> boot......to make sure there are no problems.  (I did test with
> rpi_imager)   But a few more data points would be good to know.

Of course there has to be anything on the card to trim. Fresh installs
usually do not show much change.
Other OSes run fstrims as a usual admin task.

I didn't test much. I ran the fstrims on both partitions and only after
a reboot the backup was 10% smaller. After running the fstrims without
reboot
the image size was the same. I am not sure if this was fstrim related or
if other things played in.
I left it at that for the time being. For now it seems to work. I havn't
restored an image yet. I'll do it tomorrow.

:::'  my blog  - latest: \"The Audio Streaming Series - introducing:
tuning kit - pCP (beta)\"  ' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com):::