themicksa wrote:
> Thanks for that. I spent most of yesterday ripping apart my hifi system,
> router and ethernet, then reassembled everything, applied the above
> fixes and everything is ticketyboo. Much cleaner and tidier with
> redundant servers gone and so far everything seems stable. As we all
> deserve a reward I'm going to treat myself to a new DAC and hit the pCP
> Payal button. Much obliged to you all.

I spoke too soon. Everything was playing nicely until suddenly the music
died. After a bit more fiddling around I discovered that my Linksys
router was misbehaving. After various resets etc. it turned out it was
actually bricked, and following a long session with Linksys support the
firmware was upgraded and wifi was restored. However when I come to run
pCP I find that I'm unable to connect to wifi.

The IP addresses of everything in the house got changed in the process
but I can see the pCP page at its new home on the network. I've
faithfully followed the instructions at
https://docs.picoreplayer.org/how-to/setup_wifi/ but it keeps resulting
in the message Wifi IP: is missing - [Reboot] or [Save] to connect. The
router can see the wifi pi (with a different MAC address from the
ethernet one) but I'm stumped as to how to continue. I've checked and
rechecked the SSID, pwd etc. but to no avail. I've even consulted the
boot and wifi logs but can't really understand what I'm seeing. If it
would help to post any of that I'm happy to do so. Can anyone suggest a
solution?