paul- wrote:
> Ronnie,
>
> Since Chill was able to use a usb dragonfly,  likely there is not a usb
> driver issue.  I also looked at the RPiOS images, they are quite old,
> based on a 5.10.17 kernelÂ…..and supposedly those images are fine
> according to RPi.
>
> Since you are up on WiFi, can you plug in your usb network device, and
> load the net usb extension.  And see what shows up in
> dmesg/ifconfig/lsusb.   Just need to rule out cable problems or a port
> issue on your board.
>
> Paul.

Wilco :)

I know the usb works (it's an on-the-go type usb) I have a rpi
recommended shim which fits the connection and allows connection of usb
devices.

At the moment I have a Khadas Toneboard connected, working fine.:)

I have an Anker usb-ethernet connecter which works on the pizero with
both pCP and raspberry PI OS and also with raspberry PI OS on the zero 2
W.

I also have an official rpi usb-ethernet (with usb ports) that works on
the zero 2 W with Rasperry PI OS .

Neither connecter work with the pizero 2 W.

Some people on the rpi forum say they can't start the zero 2 W from usb
(I don't know if that means anything in regard to the problem I have
:confused:)

ronnie