PompeyTone wrote:
> Hi Kidstypike, many thanks for replying. Yes you're right, I followed
> the path you suggested and there was a red cross against the pC
> repository (I've tried to add my screenshot but not sure if it works).
> Yesterday I took my RPi into work and the LMS download worked from
> there, so there must be something in my home network that's preventing
> access to these files, although I have not idea what it might be as I
> haven't configured my home router/wifi for anything like this.
>
> So I now have LMS working courtesy of my employers' network, but it
> would be great to understand what might be causing the isue here at
> home. Any ideas?
>
> Cheers, Tony

OK so something weird (probably weird because I'm unfamiliar with pCP)
happened. I edited the conf file with wifi access details, erased my
home network details and added my mobile hotspot details, then replaced
the microSD card  into the RPi and rebooted - and it reconnected to my
home network again! How did that happen? I could not get it to connect
to my mobile personal hotspot. Does the RPi retain information about
previous wifi access points? I thought RPi was memoriless and could only
use the config file on the microSD card to access and do other stuff,
but then what do I know? Anyway, I'm stuck now until I get back into
work as I need to DL interface protocol configs to connect to my NAS
share folders. So strange.