On Oct 12, 2019, at 8:05 PM, Brian Milby via use-livecode
<use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> You probably could get close with math but line breaks would not be uniform
> and will introduce variability.  You could probably get it down to 2 or 3
> checks.

This.

Font scaling itself is nonlinear enough, but the way margins scale with font
size is downright psychotic (enough so, that I’d advocate for redoing it with a
useOldMarginBehavior property that can be set.).  Changing margin size can
change what size font fits in the wrong direction, or by more points than the
change, or . . .

But the approach of an initial mathematical computation , followed by the
iterations—which must happen in both directions unless a hit is made.