github.  pricing is getting better, especially in the last month, to
compete with gitlab.  we have projects in both github and gitlab (and I
guess one person is messing with Azure, or whatever M$'s other git thang
is), but people seem to be using github more.
gitkraken is the most popular gui our people use.  part of that is because
of its glo boards, which give you a card/kanban style view of issues,
to-do's, calendars, etc., integrates with slack, blah, blah, blah.  It also
can be integrated with issues in github, which is nice because the
interface is better and easier to organize than issues, especially if you
have a lot of them.  Our ERP project, for example, has 201 issues open
right now.  Some of them are just one feature request or bug report, but
some of them are thirty or more sub-items deep with many
comments, documents, screen shots, etc. on them.
the person messing with Azure is using Visual Studio's git interface, one
is using github's client, and one is using the Working Copy app on ios.
Even if you don't choose gitkraken as your git client, you should check out
glo.  You can access glo any number of ways, including inside GK, from GK's
website, from slack, from Atom (and I think from SublimeText) and the glo
mobile app for ios.

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 9:58 AM Trevor DeVore via use-livecode <
use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 3:46 AM Andreas Bergendal via use-livecode <
> use-livecode@lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>

> > So, in short: How do I best get started with git when working with
> > LiveCode on Mac, in small teams or alone, wishing minimal use of command
> > line?
> >
> > Do I just let gravity pull me into the GitHub gas giant, or join a rebel
> > moon? :)
> >

> Hi Andreas,
>
> I use GutHub for my LiveCode projects but haven’t looked at other services.
> I enjoy using it and they recently reduced pricing and made a team account
> available for free which is great.
>
> There aren’t any special tools for LiveCode on GitHub that I’m aware of. It
> isn’t even recognized as a language by GitHub. At the moment I’m investing
> how I might get automated builds working for my Levure apps using GitHub
> and CircleCI. I’m in the very early stages of research and haven’t made any
> real progress yet.
>
> I love using Tower for my Git GUI. I’ve been very pleased with it.
>
> --
> Trevor DeVore
> ScreenSteps

   and did a little diving.