Is there not a way to just disable the scrollbar (hide it?) and still have
scrolling enabled? I am trying to do something similar in iOS and thought I
would try:

set the dgprop["show vscrollbar"] of group "Datagrid 1" to false
set the dgProp["scroll when vscrollbar is hidden"] of group "DataGrid 1" to true

And while it worked as desired in the development environment and when
compiling to macOS (by hiding the scrollbar and allowing swipes to scroll the
list), when compiled to iOS no scrolling was possible at all?

Mark