I am getting a bit nearer answering my own question, or at least having it
answered by the mother ship. Elanor Buchanan has introduced me to
‘MergPopActivity’ but so far I am just too ignorant to use it. Hopefully I’ll
have more information soon. Meanwhile it would be interesting to know if anyone
on this list has ever used it.

Graham