A little progress report.

Elanor has come up with a solid answer to my original question, which was how
to use the mergPopActivity command to break out of an iOS app sandbox by
offering a file to the external world (such as the “Files” folder) on iOS
systems. Basically, if you put a file in say the documents folder within your
app and make a path tPath to it, then if the file’s name is in tFileName,
   mergPopActivity tFileName,,("file:" & tPath)

will open the model window and allow the user to put the file into “Files”
folder, email it etc

So far I have not found out how to invoke another app directly from inside an
iOS app, although I think I can invoke a browser using a URL. Perhaps this is
easier than I thought. Will report.

Graham