On 11/10/20 1:14 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > On 11/9/20 3:54 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
 >> And WTH happened to LC's error reporting dialog?
 >
 > Standalones have always reported this way on both desktop and mobile.
 > It is up to the developer to include the translated references if
 > they want to see those. Generally I don't bother, I provide the
 > optional built-in ability to send email to support or save a file.
 > I can translate the numbers myself since the meanings usually mean
 > nothing to the end-user anyway.

I've been using my own error-reporting for so long I can't recall seeing the default standalone handling.

I have made a couple of quickies where I just used LC's error reporting, but clumsy as that design is at least the output from the "Send Report" button is more useful than the raw list of triplet integers. >
How has such ungraceful error handling become acceptable?

Why is the least useful thing the easiest for new developers to do?

Shouldn't it be easy for LC devs to deliver a great application experience?

I can't remember a time when it *didn't* report the triplets outside of the IDE. That's why you and I wrote the Error Lookup stack. ;)