> 28. mar. 2021 kl. 20:40 skrev Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>

>> 28. mar. 2021 kl. 19:22 skrev Klaus major-k via use-livecode
>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>>> Am 28.03.2021 um 19:11 schrieb R.H. via use-livecode
>>> <use-livecode@lists.runrev.com>:
>>> ... put specialfolderpath("resources") &"/temp.txt" into tFilePath
>>> ... put tOut into URL("binfile:"&tFilePath)
>>
>> you may already know this, but this will not work in a standalone!
>> We will surely not have write permissions in that folder!
>>

> To the best of my knowledge, I think this is wrong. In MacOS the resources
> folder is part of the application bundle and resides within the content
> folder in that bundle. I have never encountered any problem with this folder
> even when using un-notarized and unsigned apps. I give away small apps to my
> students (both Mac and Windows) all the time and I use resources, desktop and
> documents as the main folders to write to and read from. All of these folders
> work OK. The user will be asked if they want to give the application
> permission to access these folders, but other than that I don’t know of any
> hiccups.
>
> I know that there are several restrictions when you deploy to various mobile
> platforms. These are explained in the Dictionary.

I just made a test application where I am able to create a folder in the
resources folder on preOpenStack. I then am able to read from and write to a
document in this folder without any problem. This is on macOS Big Sur. The path
to my folder in the resources folder in the app bundle is
«Contents/_MacOS/testfolder/« and the application can write to this folder
without any questions about permissions.

Best regards
Tore