Hi Michael,

On 02/09/2012 04:54 AM, Michael Chean wrote:
> When I'm considering a tool I look at the community resources to see
> whether they are being kept up.

If I understand well your question, you want to know if LiveCode
is the right tool for your project.

Well, RunRev has the definite answer. They know for sure
because they support every professional developer in multiple
operating systems, including the mobile platforms.

About using the forums and mail list activity as indicator of
health or interest in this platform would be misleading.
For example, I have never post about any of my commercial
projects in neither list or board. And I am not alone. Searching in
google about "made with Runrev" or "made with Livecode"
brings many developers and companies that never have
posted anything in the mail list or forum. Never...

Some years ago, someone proposed that participants
posted information about the projects they were working
and I was one who opposed to this. The reasons are
obvious, Don't you think?

In my humble opinion, this platform needs an extensive
book about creating Externals in every platform.
But that is only me. You should ask each one about
their particular needs.

Have a nice day!

Al