On 10/3/13 4:16 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
On 10/3/13 6:01 PM, Roger Eller wrote:

It saddens me to say this, but LiveCode itself has always been iffy at ftp transfers. I've set the socketTimeoutInterval all over the spectrum, and never found a solid solution. On the same network, all other FTP clients
would work perfectly every time.  I finally had to build a retry routine
since we can't even resume a transfer.  We seriously need a new libUrl.

I'm not using FTP, just http, so maybe I'll be okay. But from Phil's answer, it sounds like the timeout message is just informational, and libURL keeps trying to send until it goes through. So maybe you don't need a resend?

Just for the record, the experience I described is with straight TCP sockets (open socket, read/write, close socket), not HTTP, not FTP. But I would guess a socketTimeout message probably has the same characteristics in all cases.

--
Phil Davis