I need to understand this better. The dictionary says the socketTimeoutInterval specifies how long to wait before sending back a timeout message. It sounds like the timeout doesn't affect the data transmission, it's only a warning, and the data will be sent eventually. Is that correct?

The dictionary also says the default interval is ten seconds, but I'm seeing timeouts in much less time than that. Maybe the dictionary is wrong?

What's a good timeout interval for iffy network connections?