On Mar 19, 2014, at 10:35 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> Jacque,
>
> In the past 15 years I never had any problems with htmlText always containing
> p tags, even if the text of the field was empty. Therefore, I think it is no
> bug.

It seems inconsistent by Livecode conventions, though. I hit it because I was
doing a lot of htmlText work and the "null" condition came up so I just tested
against the htmlText property instead of the text. When I discovered what was
actually in the property I quickly moved on. But, I've been doing this for 20
years and it didn't really slow me down much but wouldn't a beginner be pretty
confused by this?

Tim