On 6/12/2014, 5:45 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

Handy as it is, not all *nixes support it - this site explains more,
with some suggestions of OS X alternatives to some /proc info:

<http://osxbook.com/book/bonus/ancient/procfs/>

Thanks, but this would be way more work than the simple example I was trying to build, so until I become proficient with *nix I think I'll let this go. I'd have to study for days before I could even understand what that web page is saying. I'll just put my little stack into a pending folder for now.