On 21/08/14 19:25, Andrew Henshaw wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions for packaging an app for Linux release.

Im a total Linux newbie,  I have it on a couple of machines and my app runs
fine but I wouldn’t have a clue where to look for the best installer,  or how
to package it up so it can use the software manager.

Does anyone here deploy their app to the public running Linux,  and if you
don’t mind sharing how do you do it?

Well, I'm a lazy toad:

I just let them download the Linux standalone.

They probably have to set the executable bit :(

Try for yourself: http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/PISMO/Linux.zip

Richmond.