On Oct 15, 2014, at 8:22 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassa...@fourthworld.com> wrote:

> 1. When you're working on stack files, do you always keep them somewhere in
> your Home folder, or run with admin privileges and keep them somewhere else
> (e.g. Applications)?
Most of my development is done on a MacBook Pro  with initial testing using
vmware for Win and Linux.  All code is stored/developed on an encrypted disk
image for security. Chronosyc is a Mac backup software (free updates for life).
We back up to an encrypted disk image on another Mac in the studio. I back up
every 3 minutes with archiving turned on.  All data from there is backed up
(encrypted) to CrashPlan.

> 2. Do you regularly switch among different OSes, and if so how do you sync
> your files (drag-and-drop, rsync, OwnCloud, or something else), or do you
> bypass syncing altogether by mounting a shared volume?
Shared access via vmware.

> 3. If you do sync among multiple OSes, do you maintain the same paths to your
> stack files on each system relative to your home folder?
> e.g.
> Mac:
> /Users/rg/SomeProject/MyStack.livecode
> Linux:
> /home/rg/SomeProject/MyStack.livecode
>
> If the latter, then specialFolderPath("home") works as a way of storing
> relative paths for multi-OS workflows in a tool I'm working on….
Shared access via vmware.  Sometimes I might drag the project folder over to
vmware if it is needed.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io