On 16/10/14 06:22, Richard Gaskin wrote:
1. When you're working on stack files, do you always keep them somewhere in your Home folder, or run with admin privileges and keep them somewhere else (e.g. Applications)?

I keep all my stacks in a folder called 'xCode' and its subfolders, on the desktop.

2. Do you regularly switch among different OSes, and if so how do you sync your files (drag-and-drop, rsync, OwnCloud, or something else), or do you bypass syncing altogether by mounting a shared volume?

I use Linux (Ubuntu Studio) about 95% of the time, I use Mac OS 10.5.8 and Mac OS 10.4.11 about 4% of the time on an iMac G5, and Mac OS 9.1 about 1% of the time on an iMac G3.

Very, very occasionally I use Windows XP and 7 via VMware Player (on Ubuntu Studio) to check standalones.

Occasionally I use Mac OS 10.6 and Mac OS 10.8 via VMware Player to check standalones.

3. If you do sync among multiple OSes, do you maintain the same paths to your stack files on each system relative to your home folder?
e.g.
Mac:
/Users/rg/SomeProject/MyStack.livecode
Linux:
/home/rg/SomeProject/MyStack.livecode

No, I don't.

If the latter, then specialFolderPath("home") works as a way of storing relative paths for multi-OS workflows in a tool I'm working on....

Richmond.